Rochester, New York
North America Controller
Location: Rochester, NY
Job Type: Full-time
About Our Client: Join the success story with a rapidly growing precision plastic injection molding manufacturer located in Rochester, NY. This European owned company has approximately 900 employees across various engineering and production sites in Europe, the USA, and China. Their passion lies in pushing the boundaries of precision plastic technology. The Controller for North America is a Key Leadership position that’s based at their flagship North American site and reports to the Managing Director with dotted line reporting to the CFO.
Position Overview: They are seeking an experienced and driven Financial Controller to join their dynamic team. As a key player in their Accounting & Finance department, you’ll play a crucial role in overseeing financial reporting and planning, operational support, risk and capital management, reporting, cost accounting, and more. The Controller is viewed as the “Co-Pilot” to the Managing Director and has a tremendous amount of influence as they continue their rapid growth.
- Will oversee efficient accounting systems integrated with main business processes.
- Ensure compliance with IFRS, local accounting standards, and laws in financial reporting.
- Organize and coordinate business planning, supporting the implementation of plans.
- Provide relevant management information for sales, profitability, and cost analysis.
- Support Business Performance Management through KPI development and target setting.
- Assist in operational management, driving best practices, and performance improvements.
- Manage financial risks, including FX, and maintain a risk management system.
- Lead monthly submissions of P&L/Balance Sheet per Group reporting structure.
- Develop and submit comprehensive annual three-year Budget/MTP.
- Maintain manufacturing standard cost processes and support cost improvement initiatives.
- Complete annual Group quote template for North America and support new project investment ROI analysis.
- Regular communication & reporting to the CFO / company headquarters in based in Europe.
- Risk & Capital Management – ensures careful management of capital (ROI calculations, ROI on investment of projects, net working capital, etc…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller within a manufacturing organization with a preference for prior automotive industry or plastics manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of financial management, risk management, and operational support.
- Prior exposure to international organizations.
- Strong Cost Accounting experience with working knowledge of manufactured product cost and standard cost development including labor, overhead, and SG&A.
- Must know the general principles of taxation.
- Is a true Business Partner with heavy involvement in all areas of a manufacturing plant.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and multitasking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Join them in shaping the future of precision plastic technology!