Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Are you ready to take on a pivotal role in optimizing maintenance operations and driving operational sustainability? Our client is seeking a passionate and driven Facilities, Maintenance, and Operational Sustainability Manager to join their team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead a dynamic team and make a significant impact on the organization’s efficiency, productivity, and environmental initiatives.
This organization is a $500M+ division of a Multi-Billion dollar corporation. Their business is highly profitable with a ton of growth potential, and they have a lot of employee pride! Additionally, this position offers significant visibility at the company level as well as the parent company. They provide an excellent salary & benefit package along with bonus potential!
- The Facilities & Maintenance Manager plans and directs resources in the areas of plant maintenance and the various buildings/grounds. Supports lean manufacturing initiatives through effective implementation of Preventive Maintenance and 5S activities. Applies continuous improvement methodologies for purposes of focusing on achieving zero unplanned downtime. Also, utilizes root-cause analysis in the development of solutions to problems. Additionally, will focus on Operations Sustainability, creating & executing plans to promote zero waste to landfill, green energy, and activities to lower utilities.
- Lead a team of maintenance, facilities, and material handling employees.
- Set & execute the overall Facilities, Maintenance & Operations Sustainability strategy across a manufacturing campus and several additional warehouses in the local area.
- Coordinate and execute a comprehensive Preventive Maintenance (PM) program to minimize unplanned downtime through predictive activities.
- Lead the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) program by issuing TPM sheets, maintaining the database, and reporting results.
- Investigate root causes of unplanned downtime and develop innovative solutions to enhance machine uptime.
- Manage spare parts and supplies purchasing and inventory, ensuring optimal stocking levels.
- Maintain records documenting historical equipment repair costs.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulatory requirements.
- Foster a culture of safety, working collaboratively with the Operations Department to achieve an accident-free work environment.
- Oversee building and grounds maintenance, sustaining high levels of housekeeping and workplace organization.
- Manage expense control for assigned accounts.
- Lead and manage the Maintenance and building/grounds functions.
- Recruit, train, and develop employees; provide clear direction and foster an environment of teamwork.
- Drive desired behaviors, ethics, work standards, communication, and continual improvement within the team.
- Utilize tools like the Predictive Index to understand and address employee needs.
- Cultivate a safe and inclusive work environment, promoting honesty, fairness, and accountability.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to synthesize complex information, and design effective workflows.
- Accountable for strategic planning and project implementation, maintaining a balance between quality and quantity.
- A problem solver who performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions.
- Visionary leader who inspires and mobilizes teams towards a common vision.
- Culturally aware, comfortable working in diverse environments, and promoting diversity initiatives.
- Effective in managing change, developing implementation plans, and building commitment.
- Skilled in delegation, setting expectations, and monitoring delegated activities.
- Strategic thinker who develops plans aligned with organizational goals and adapts to changing conditions.
- Upholds the highest ethical and work standards, promoting the same in others.
- Bachelor’s degree (Engineering preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance or equipment engineering.
- Preferably, prior experience in supervising maintenance personnel.
- Manage budgets for the department.
- Strong communication skills for effective interaction and presentations.
- Loves a fast-paced environment & can juggle multiple projects & priorities.
- Proficiency in Oracle, PRMS, or related business systems software.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
Why Join? Join their team and be a driving force behind operational excellence, sustainability initiatives, and team empowerment. They offer a competitive package, growth opportunities, and the chance to work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
The job description outlines the principal functions of the role and is not exhaustive of all inherent requirements. Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.