Rochester, New York
A state-of-the-art plastic injection molding company that prides itself on delivering consistent high quality and defect free plastic solutions for automotive applications is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager with a passion for delivering results.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring all aspects of their projects, from order placement to customer acceptance as it pertains to on-going work as well as new business & new programs. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the company’s QEMS is being implemented and managed properly.
In this role, you will:
- Delegate tasks and monitor to ensure that projects stay on track.
- Prepare and submit regular reports to the client, internal stakeholders, and other project team members.
- Lead stakeholder management and ensure that all project requirements are met.
- Define and document the project organization and all project-specific processes.
- Support the implementation of processes, methods, and standards.
- Document and communicate the project experiences and help with continuous process improvement.
- Prepare timely and competitive quotes, including the project plan, calculation, and feasibility check.
- Be jointly responsible for the active acquisition of new customers and report potential leads.
- Determine the procedure for achieving the defined project goals within the framework of the company and customer specifications.
- Issue instructions to project team members within the agreed framework
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience with 5+ years of proven experience in Project Management in Plastic Injection Molding manufacturing
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with plastic injection molds or automation
- Must have a strong Lean Manufacturing background, understand Takt time and the reduction of waste in the process.
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and methods, a certificate in Project/Program Management Professional (PMP)® is a strong plus.
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
- A target and result-driven approach with the willingness to get things done.
- Proactive, motivated, hands-on mentality with a keen eye for details
- Strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive, able to work under pressure.
- Ability to deal with people at all organizational levels.
- Excellent organization, planning, and communication skills